Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Unpredictable Prague

I thought Chicago weather was fickle, but Prague weather has it beat. Luckily, as I left the house in a short-sleeved shirt (and the omnipresent scarf) because it felt hot when I stuck my head out our window on the 7th floor, I was determined to find the second hand shop I found last week, where there was a short purple jacket for under $10. But, they don't take credit cards, and apparently they don't barter because I was 50 czk short. I found the shop today, but the purple jacket gone. Damn. The runner up, light green jacket, was still there. So, I bought it--she took the price from 280 czk to 196 czk--so that was sweet. I cut off the price tag, put the jacket on, and was on my way, perfectly dressed for the slightly cool day.

As I made my way into the center to find a synagogue, I dove into a cool looking atrium. What do I see, but a group of tourists looking up. No surprise there. But I was certainly not expecting to see this statue hanging from the ceiling.

And I certainly didn't expect this search, "prague statue of man on horse hanging from domed ceiling" to bring up this link.
Of course, it's a David Cherny exhibit. Should have known.

Last, but not least. one of my greatest unpredictable moments was rowing down the river, looking up and seeing all three of my boys running along the bridge with flowers in hand, yelling down to me! I'm the speck in the background, of much less significance than the love and support from my boys.






1 comment:

  1. Robyn!
    I love reading your Prague-blague! You have a lovely way of painting words that helps us savor your experiences. It sounds as though you are having wonderful discoveries in every day happenings! Enjoy it all, and then blog it, baby!
    xox, Mary

    ReplyDelete