Friday, September 13, 2013

Rainy Days

At 4:00 (or 16:00, which I have to get used to), Reed and Leo ran off to their respective matches and trainings. Leo to watch his baseball team (he learned tonight that he'll get to play in games much earlier than we thought, so that's great news) and Reed off to football training. They can both go to the same tram stop and then Leo gets on the metro and Reed takes a tram to practically the end of the line.

Reed REALLY wanted me to go with him to the tram stop, which I was happy to do, but then I'd miss skyping with brother Dave, so I assured him that Leo would not lead him astray and he would be fine. He was.

Leo has a much better sense of direction (takes after his dad), and poor Reed's mind must be wandering who knows where whenever we try to lay out the path for him (takes after his poor old mom). He says he's got it, but then gets lost and calls in a panic (happened only once so far).

I decided to go on a walk without a destination in mind, which is one of my favorite things to do. I walked south and saw this dilapidated building; not sure its story.



Then I wandered through a large park with a steep incline to the west and a small creek to the east; the park is mostly used for dogs from the looks of it. I wandered through, not sure if I was up for taking the steep stairs; figured I'd leave that for a nicer day. The weather looked threatening and I didn't have an umbrella or proper jacket, but figured I could dive into a pub or restaurant quickly enough.

As I walked, I saw these statues.

Then, I dipped into Billa to buy some berries and lo and behold found a bag of simulated Cheerios--the boys will be THRILLED. But, when I was done shopping, the rain came pouring down. I made my way down the street; not entirely sure where I was, but saw Tram 22 with direction Bila Horah, so then I knew I was okay. Thought about diving into a pub, but was too drenched. I made it home, poured a glass of red wine and took a shower, but first, I got to see another rainbow in Prague. And therein lies the hope I'm looking for and patiently await.




Tonight is Kol Nidre. And today, I found out that my Dad's condition isn't malignant. The rainbow was a sign and I'm so incredibly relieved. I look forward to a night of contemplation; thinking about all that I'm grateful for, and pondering those parts of myself that I would like to change. G'mar tov.

No comments:

Post a Comment